Blogg

Blogg

tisdag 20 februari 2018

Card with sewing theme

Hello, 

When I was younger and after graduated school I took a one year class in sewing and weaving. A thing that,s given me much happiness in both my private and professional life.
Therefore I felt it suitable to make a card with that theme. 

A while ago I ordered the newest colours of Distress Oxide,s, so when they arrived I wanted to play with them directly.

I started to make the background using DOX in Blueprint sketch, and an old but for me new, Tim Holtz stamp. Vouge.
I also used my sewing machine to make a couple of seams.


I stamped some sewing themed stamps (CMS 123) on some patterned Tim Holtz papers, cut them out and used as details on my card. I also found a small piece of Eclectic elements fabric in my stash and folded it and used as a decor as well. 


The diecut with the scissors are a Tim Holtz edgedie. I painted it with brushed pewter Distress paint and treated it with Walnut stain Distress crayons to "grunge it up" a bit.


I finished my card off by using some ideaology pieces and some small talk stickers.

Behind the word "create" I used a Distress stain to "smoosh" to get the cool "mark".


For my manequin I used a piece of an old pair of jeans denim fabric. 


All the edges are distressed with Walnut stain Distress ink.

I will share this card over at Simon says stamp blog - Monday challenge - Grunge it up.

Thanks for visiting, 

/Susanne

2 kommentarer:

  1. What a fantastic card!!! love all the bits and details you put into this!! Love the distressed edges!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - we all hope to see you again soon!
    x Zoey

    SvaraRadera
  2. I spent today sewing up a gift in my studio space, before I finished my challenge project. I am quite envious of the work you did. It is beautiful and inspired.

    Diana @ Playing
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    SvaraRadera